We’re a nonprofit focused on youth leadership. Our flagship program is named Spoke’n Revolutions Youth Cycling.
Spoke’n Revolutions provides adventures that promote teamwork, strengthens communication, deepens interpersonal responsibility and compassion, and heightens sensitivity to the natural environment.
Our programs provide youth with a world of opportunity for self-discovery and confidence building. We give teens a space to connect with their peers while being given leadership and mentoring opportunities.
Our goal is to create a challenge for our youth cyclists to think outside of traditional methods of excelling while finding ways to contribute to their community in positive ways.
Yep, fun and challenging at the same time!
- Given the opportunity anyone can reach their potential
- Knowledge is power
- History is too much for one curriculum
- You learn best thru experience
- is for every student to have a way to challenge themselves and historic precedence
- to think outside of traditional methods of excelling
- to find ways to contribute to their community in positive ways
- to experience the natural world from the seat of a bike
- to develop an appreciation of our open spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Educational sessions on the social, historical and environmental issues connected with our tours.
The training and educational activities culminate in a 2-week long, 700-mile summer cycling tour based on culturally significant and historic routes.
You’ll average 55 miles a day, visit state and national parks and historic sites along the route, and camp most nights. You’ll participate in teamwork activities during the tour such as:
- rotation of campsite duties
- writing and/or recording daily reflections from the day
- participating in team roundtables where you’ll share experiences in a safe and non-judgemental setting.